This pattern is out to get me.
I was ready to attach the skirt when I discovered that one of the skirt panels has a large printing mishap in it. Unless I want a patch in an embarrassing place, that's not going to happen. I've concluded that it's really the last in a series of hints, though. I don't think I'm going to be happy with the way it fits, and the sleeves (oddly, since I have monkey arms) are a bit long, and the whole thing is just not working out.
I'm developing a new strategy to achieve the dress I want, and I think I've managed to order more of the fabric thank you to a Jo-Ann coupon.
I need to focus on some other projects right now, anyway. I'm giving myself permission to mothball this until I have a better idea. I can probably salvage the sleeves and part of the skirt, and the parts that can't be salvaged as a dress will go into my bag of nineteenth-century-ish quilt scraps. So . . . no problem, really.