Grit 3033 (1946-1947) Part I

One of my biggest problems with sewing projects is that I have too many options, and I end up getting distracted and losing time because I can't make up my mind which one to do.  Sometimes you just have to pick one and dive in.

I need new pajamas and it seems ridiculous to buy any when I have so many patterns.  Grit 3033 (mine is postmarked November 1947, but I once saw another one on eBay that was postmarked 1946) is a super basic nightgown:


The pattern only has two pieces (you cut the waist ties by measurement; they don't give you pieces for them):


I decided to make the sleeveless, square-necked, version but with the ties set into the waist tucks.  The fabric is Keepsake Calico sky blossoms from Joann's:


It's not fabulous fabric.  It's kind of coarse and loosely-woven, although that's fine for pajamas.  It's cute, though.  I'm putting eyelet trim around the neck and armscyes.

I didn't get all that far last night.  I got the pattern traced, including sizing it down to a 16/bust 34 above the waist, and cut out of fabric.  The shoulder and waist tucks are all done and the shoulder seams are done.  I added a small patch pocket:


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Also, my cat is ridiculous:

She's playing under the folding drying rack.  She loves the drying rack.  She loves it best when there are things hanging on it, of course, but just the rack will do in a pinch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have this pattern and have been meaning to make it each summer for at least the last 3 years. You are inspiring me.