Neon bandanna quilt

String Beings, Late for the Dance (1995).  I like this band because they're fun and they put good tunes on their recordings (I never saw them live), but jazz- and klezmer-influenced string band will never totally be my thing.  They're a bit like Wild Asparagus.

Before I get started on the actual post, I just wanted to share this: The Best Way to Ripe Peaches (Tall Clover Farm).

It totally works.   Kroger had peaches on sale for 99¢ a pound and of course I bought a bunch of them even though they were like baseballs.  That blog post rescued them.  I used huck towels and left them for about four days (checking daily) before I put them in the refrigerator, and they went from being baseballs to real peaches.  I love peaches but I stopped buying them ages ago because they were never any good.  Problem solved!  I can buy peaches again.

I might even make a peach pie now that I don't have to do all kind of ridiculous things to make it taste like peaches.  I'm also getting some spinach to make one of those peach/spinach/feta salads . . . 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Also, I made banana pudding again this weekend.  It's still awesome.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I did not sew pajamas this weekend, which is a progress fail, but I did sew other stuff, so I think I at least broke even.  If I get extra points for finishing a mothballed project that I hated, I came out ahead.

Remember the horrifying neon bandanna quilt from this post?  Well, on Sunday I got a wild hare and hauled it out to finish.  I'd originally started tying it with buttons but decided they were uncomfortable, so I cut them all off and re-tied it in plain string.  Then I did the binding.

I haven't gotten a picture of the finished quilt yet because the lighting wasn't good, but the Flickr set is here, and most of it overlaps with a photo-tutorial on quilt binding with mitered corners.


It will probably go to one of my cousins' daughters.

Mispickel approved.

Comments