R.P. Christenson's Old-Time Fiddler's Repertory

I posted a few weeks about about the halo-and-choir-of-angels experience with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Will the Circle Be Unbroken album.  Well, I finally scored one of my other musical Holy Grails:

The R.P. Christenson Old-Time Fiddler's Repertory, Volumes 1 and 2.


 Here is the song listing from Slippery Hill.  My Missouri fiddle friends taught me well; I know easily two-thirds of these by name/tune, even if I can't play most of them (on any instrument).

This collection was out of print for a while and very hard to get, so thank goodness it's been reissued.  It doesn't have guitar chords so I see a lot of note-taking in my future, but that's OK.  I'm also not sure I can read music well enough to figure some of these out without sound recordings (the accompanying CD is on my wish list), but that's hardly an insurmountable problem.

Comments