Grit 3033 (1946-1947) Part II: Neck facing failure

No pictures right now.  I tried, and failed, for a second time to install a bias facing on the neckline last night.  I can bind quilts and get perfect mitered corners, but for some reason I can't get this bloody neckline facing to work.

Part of it is that my bias sucks--cotton poly, and it won't behave itself.  I'm going home tonight and cutting a dummy neckline and some new bias.  If I can get it to work, I'll post pictures of the process.   Wearing History has a tutorial on her blog but for some reason it's not doing it for me.  I understand the concept, but reality won't play along.

On a happy note: I discovered that I still have a Delicious account!  I thought they were going to shut that down, but I guess they didn't.  I haven't logged in in like two years.  I was trying to find the name of a rockabilly band that had a particularly awesome album cover design, but of course I couldn't remember anything except the picture.  In my head.  Not uploadable.  But they were in my Delicious account.

Comments