STILL FREAKING KNITTING

OMG, where did the days go?

I finished the office project but the party got semi-canceled.  Long story, not that interesting.  I'll reveal the gift after New Year's.  I'm still working on knitted gifts for two friends.

My brother and sister-in-law were here for the weekend before they flew to her hometown for Christmas.  We spent yesterday making Moravian molasses cookies (our grandmother's recipe).  If you've never made these, the trick is that they have to be rolled out as thin as possible and then not overbaked, which is harder than it sounds.  They're supposed to crack and kind of melt on your tongue.  One batch of dough makes about 200 cookies.  It's also stiff dough so you have to roll and cut small pieces or you can't roll it out enough.  We made a double batch once and will never, ever, do it again.  

Did you know it's possible to roll cookies until your abs are sore? 

On another food note but otherwise unrelated: Vegan Black Metal Chef is the funniest thing I've seen all week, even though I'm neither vegan nor a metalhead.

Comments