Simplicity 9880 (1995) Tantrum dess Part II: Moving along

Listening: Swallowtail Contradance Band

Movies: Jennifer's Body on TV while I was sewing.  Wow, if ever there was a movie about teenagers made by a painfully hip, desperately self-conscious, forty-year-old woman, this is it.  Messy plot, terrible dialogue, unconvincing characters, trying too hard all around.  I guess I'm too old to watch this kind of thing, anyway.
 
Reading: Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle (2005).  I got six pages in and already hated her parents so much that I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it.

There's not much more to say, except that I did the sleeve plackets last night.  David Page Coffin's book Shirtmaking saved me once again.  Sleeve plackets are exactly the kind of smallish, fiddly, folding-and-ironing-intensive thing that I usually botch hopelessly, and yet they always come out all right, thanks to his template and instructions.


The dark splotch is a dye blot.  I cut the biggest pieces of the dress from the un-blotchiest part of the fabric and am now down to cutting the smaller pieces around the blotches, but sometimes they don't fit.  Whatever.

Comments