Sigh

I'd actually forgotten that I had a sewing project in the works.  Where did this week go?

So the word is, now that the swelling has gone down some, Dad needs surgery on his anterior cruciate ligament.  So he's back to living in the armchair in the den, under orders from the regular doctor to stay the heck off his knee.  Mom and my brother are still going out of town this weekend so I'll be home with Dad.  And sewing; he doesn't need that much care.  Unfortunately, this means they had to cancel their travel plans.  Fortunately, Mom thought to get travel insurance.  I feel terrible that they can't go to Wales this time around, but it will be a lot more fun when Dad's back on two legs, anyway.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I bought a gently-used set of sheets on eBay.  Gray plaid flannel, king-sized.  


 The idea is to use one of them for a dress, the pillowcases as pillowcases (I love flannel pillowcases, even in warm weather), and possibly use the other sheet to stuff the tumbler quilt.  I've collected several old flannel sheets with the idea that I'd use them as batting.  An alternative, though, would be to just get a Warm & Natural batt and go with real batting this time since, unlike the T-shirt quilt, this one has a million seams but isn't bulletproofed with a layer of iron-on interfacing.  I think I would have to piece even a king-sized batt a bit, but not too much.  I think the quilt top might be 105 x 140 inches, and king-sized batts are 120 x 124, so I couldn't use one as-is, but I could fudge it.  And I have a coupon at Joann's so, if they're not already on sale, I can get one half-off.  Hmm.

Comments