Simplicity 4727 (1943) Blue sundress

Listening: The Tallboys.

Surprise! I made something!

This is the fourth dress I've made based on Simplicity 4727 (1943):

It's the pattern that won't die.  But I put so much work into fitting it, why not?

This one was made out of a delft blue double sheet I got at Goodwill:

With some white polyester flat lace that Amber Jean sent me, and a front button closing:

I adore the 7/8-inch buttons I found on clearance at Joann:

The neck trim is hem lace and the neck facings are made from some old heavy cotton:

And the hem facing was cut from a fat quarter of Moda Chloe's Closet Picket Fence.  I love this but couldn't get enough of it to make anything:

The inset belt was lined in more of that green sheeting.  The inside of the dress looks like this (the pocket seams aren't totally finished yet).  The sheet was wide enough that I didn't need to seam the skirt, so it has "Colonial" (my term) pockets:

I wore it to Galveston yesterday, even with unfinished pockets.  I wore my old boots because of beach grime, but this coming weekend I'm totally wearing it to Lemmonade Live with the red Ariat boots:

This is a terrible picture.  Sorry.  Sun and wind and all.

I've identified a few minor fit issues.  It needs more width across the upper back and possibly across the upper chest.  I added 1/2 inch of length to the bodice but I'm still not sure if that was a good thing or not.  I think I need to take a little width out of the lower front bodice--it feels poochy even though the shoulders are tight, and I can't  tell if it's a problem of too much width or too much length.  The original orange and white gingham dress seems a little short-waisted.  I need to test it another time or two and get this stuff figured out.