Simplicity 4727 (1943) jacket Part II

The original pattern:

The concept:

So far:

After a lot of fiddling, I finally added 1 1/2 inches to the upper back, but within he back neck (not along the shoulders).  I tried adding some of it along the shoulders but the darts didn't work out that way.  I had to carve down the sides under the arms again after that, but it works pretty well overall.  

It's supposed to have bias facing along he back of the neck and the lower hem, but I have never, ever, gotten bias facing to work well so I made cut facings (I traced the outer pattern pieces and then took out the darts so the pieces would be fitted).  The back of the neck is not so hot, but it worked out well enough in the end.

I have red, white, and blue bullseye buttons for the lower front but they're nonfunctional, so I put in hooks and eyes to hold it closed at the bottom, discreetly.  

The sleeves will have bias plaid faux-cuffs with red trim.  The red piping was a bit of a pain but it looks nice.  I didn't do the revers corners right; I'll do better next time.  

I believe I added a half an inch or an inch length below the arms, and I made the shoulder darts longer and the waist darts shorter to lower the bust point.  It actually fits pretty well.  It's easy, too. I just have the sleeves and buttons left to do.

I might go to Arkansas for the weekend of the Fourth, if my brother and sister-in-law aren't overwhelmed with moving preparations.  We'll see.