Butterick 1983 4948 Belle France #2 Part I

I found, once I started wearing it, that I had way overcorrected the bust darts on the blue 4948, and they were far too low.  No big deal; it's only a casual dress.  I retraced the pattern this weekend and lowered them half an inch.

Of course, once I got started, all kinds of fabrics started begging to be made into summer flapper dresses.  I found this awesome Richloom pinks (the flower, not the color) print at Joann's (coupon, baby!):


I decided to go with bright red binding on the neck and armscyes, and I found light turquoise buttons with white rims for the front placket.  I don't have the skirt attached yet so there isn't a picture, but I shortened the bodice two inches--it should it at the high hip now.

This was taken before I bound the armscyes.  The bias is cut from a red print I found in the fat quarter racks (the Scientific Seamstress has an easy and totally doable bias-cutting tutorial):


I'd like to get the buttonholes done tonight and at least get started on the skirt.  I'm thinking of doing bias stripes on the skirt, too.  It might be overkill but . . . whatever.  Part of me wants to do a scalloped skirt edge but maybe that's definitely overkill?

Comments