Back again!

Bore da!

Okay, that's pretty much the extent of my Welsh.  I'm back.  I had a great time but it's wonderful to be home, in my own bed, with washcloths and top sheets and other New World innovations.  I'm picking up Mispickel tonight, and we'll see how long it takes her to forgive me.

I have so many pictures to process I hardly know where to begin.  I only had sporadic Internet access so I uploaded the iPhone pix as I went, but there are still many to be uploaded from the camera.

South Wales:

Blaenarfon Iron Works (South Wales): Historic iron works with worker housing restored to represent various eras from 1790 to 1967.

Tintern (Southeast Wales): The Abbey, of course.

Blue stone outcrops: Source of the stone for Stonehenge.

North Wales:

Pwllheli

Tre'r Ceiri: 2,000-year-old hill fort near Nan Gwrtheyrn.

St. Beuno's Church, Clynnog Fawr.

Aberdaron: Pre-Gothic church on the Llyn Peninsula.

Penarth Fawr: 15-century farmhouse.

St. Cybi's Well, Llangybi:  "Llangybi" means "Area of Cybi", and the fact that we found the well despite spotty signage by realizing that the town name meant that was my crowning achievement in reading Welsh.  (I don't read Welsh.)  My mother met someone whose grandmother lived in the caretaker's cottage.

Dolbadarn Castle, Llanberis: 13th century.

Llanberis Pass and Mount Snowdon/Yr Wyddfa: 3500 feet.  Okay, not exactly Everest, but a good hike.

Porthmadog and the Ffestiniog Railway.

Bardsey Island: Seals!

Nant Gwrtheyrn: Former mining settlement.

Aber Falls: Hobbitses.

Anglesey Island/Ynys Mon:

Holyhead/Caergybi.

Penmon Priory.

Beaumaris.

Tacla Taid ("Grandpa's Attic", more or less) Transport Museum, Anglesey.

Wales: Other.

Comments