Hollywood 1944 1411 Christmas dress, Part III

Well, I had a bit of a sewing scare the other night when I discovered that the inset belt and the bodice didn't match up.  At all.  Like, inches of difference.

I measured and remeasured and measured the pattern pieces and laughed until I thought I'd cry.  And then I shoved it aside to work on later when I was in less of a panic.

Finally, it dawned on me that I had only graded the inset belt up one size instead of two.  Can I get a forehead slap?  Guess what?  That fixed it.  I attached the bodice last night:


I had to tweak the darts in the back of the skirt slightly--I'll have to fix this on the paper pattern, too--so they would match the bodice darts, and I still have to figure out the fly in the front.  It's shaping up.  Will likely end up being a post-Christmas dress but whatever. 

Comments