DuBarry 5612 (1943) Valentine Dress: Part V

Going together like a dream so far.  I know it's going to take me a couple of evenings to get the sleeves fixed--they show smooth sleeve caps in the picture and we all know that never happens.

I put the placket in the back of the neck:

 . . . and the facing with lace trim around the neck.

I used some wide commercial eyelet that somebody gave me.  I started out by sewing it to the facing, with the ends tucked into the seam so there wouldn't be any raw edges:

 . . . all the way around . . . 

 . . . this preserved the ruffles.  Then I took the binding off of the eyelet to reduce bulk under the facing's edge . . . 

 . . . and topstitched it: