Simplicity 1971 9778 Part I

I got distracted.

I don't know what happened.  I don't have an immediate need/use/anyplace to wear this dress, and I didn't think I have enough yardage (I do, but I didn't know that when I started cutting), and it wasn't on the list of things to sew any time soon, but . . . it just happened.

My copy has some miles under its belt.  It looked as though the original owner made the mini--the pattern wasn't cut off at that length but the extra tissue around it was left intact on the lower part.

Basically a nightgown by any other name.

The fabric is less antifreeze-green in real life, but you get the idea:

It was supposed to have facings but I lined the yoke in some scrap from another project.

I hate back zippers so I changed the front to a button-up yoke (creating an overlap down the middle).  I might need different buttons.  These are just right but it really needs four.  I'm not sure if the band collar really should have one or if I should just put in a bar and hook.

 The idea.  Long dress, short sleeves.

It's just two big panels on the fold:

Sewing the sweetheart yoke.  The point in the middle was tricky.

But it worked.   I should have basted but I didn't, but got away with it.

Soft rayon seam binding.

I sewed up the side seams and put pockets in last night.  This pattern is super fast and easy since it has no real fitting issues.