My Amazon shipment did not arrive on Friday as Amazon claimed it would. Maybe tomorrow. I need my black lace!
I spent the weekend on a puffier petticoat instead. I have two cotton slips I made from a very simple A-line pattern, and they work for most things (I wear closer-fitting nylon slips under the 1940's dresses. Their tailored skirts need something slippery) but I have a bunch of late 1950's and early 1960's dresses with big dirndl skirts in the sewing queue and I think I need something with a little more width.
Proper petticoats are made from net, or some other lightweight but stiff material. I don't have any of that, but I have a lot of white cotton, so white cotton it is. I used my old A-line slip pattern and made a flounce out of three widths of the quarter-circle skirt, which I gathered (box-pleated, actually) onto the outside. I could starch it if I wanted it stiffer. It's a little heavy but I'm OK with that.
Applying the flounce was seriously tedious but it wasn't actually a difficult project. I need to make at least two long petticoats for my reenacting dress. That will be tedious, for real.
The slip underneath: