McCall's 4872 (1975) goth prairie dress Part VI Final thoughts

Pix later.

So I could get way too used to this dress.  How old is too old to dress like Holly Hobbie?  Can I pull it off a little longer if I mix in at least a few subtle prints?

Tweaks:
1) The yoke is technically my size but feels a big large.  The measurements were on the fence so I went ahead and graded up because so many of these 1970's patterns are tight through the shoulders.  I can go back and grade down again.  And close up the neck a little bit.

2) Need darts in the back of the neck.

3) I need to go back and put one more hook and eye in the back yoke. 

4) It could be shorter.  I may not shorten this one, but just as a general thing, it would look OK shorter.

All easy things to change, though, for the next time around.  It looks a lot better than the green dress.  It's much less baggy.  Kind of a neo-Edwardian tea gown.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love this dress ! i also really like the construction view of the back without the flounce or belt. it looks like a different dress of itself...
i am starting a prairie-type dress, too. neu mode #2811. you can see it on
sewingpatterns.com.
still enjoying the dress you so graciously gave away on pattern review ! lots of compliments when i wear it. even before that, honestly, it was my favorite dress on the whole site. how serendipitious...
enjoy checking in on your blog and seeing your latest project...
Neue Mode 2811

That is cute! I bet it's super comfortable, too!