Grit 3033 skirt conversion

I finished Grit 3033 three years ago, wore it a few times, and then gave up.   Apparently even nightgowns need test muslins.  I graded this down but the bodice was still enormous, and I did a terrible job on the neckline and armscye finish.   Too bad; it's such a cute nightgown.


 I loved the adorable retro floral fabric, though, so the thing had been languishing in my I Don't Know What To Do With This pile.


So . . . salvaging it?

I took out the waist darts and measured 34 inches up from the hem to create a new waistline . . .


 . . . then I cut it off . . . 


  . . . experienced some work delays . . .
 

. . . I cut the bodice into strips and used them to make a waistband . . . 


. . . doubled over and sewn into a channel for wide elastic . . . 


. . . ta da!  Skirt!  I even left the patch pocket on.


Comments