Skirt marathon

I've decided it's still that it takes me so long to do such simple projects, so I set aside a stack of fabrics that I intended to use to make gathered skirts and am trying to clear the backlog.  One--they're tubes with pockets, they should not be so hard.  Two, I need some skirts.

I don't have a pic of it finished, but I made one out of this wild Kaffe Fassett green giant paisley--the paisleys are probably a foot long--that I got as an end-of-bolt at a local shop:


And I made a long skirt with a flounce out of this awesome dark-red and metallic gold Concord.


With just a whiff of lace:


I did the waistband on the long skirt as a separate piece, about 6" longer than my hip measurement, so it's elasticized but less bunchy than just folding over the top of the skirt.  I should have done that with the green--it's more flattering and more comfortable.

Comments