Simplicity 1996 9880 Dress-A-Palooza 2017

Okay, I may have gone a little crazy.

I've tweaked the shoulder fit just a little and have now started basically an entire new wardrobe of this dress.

Round 1 will all be short-sleeved and have plain necks with buttons and loops at the back, and mostly side-seam pockets.

Koko Lee green and blue retro floral: Neck facing, sleeve bands, and patch pockets cut on the perpendicular.  I liked this print but it didn't work with any of my patterns, but then it went on last-chance clearance and I thought a pared-down 9880 could handle it.


Springmaid Adele bright blue with midcentury-ish wacko print.  No explanation.  It's cute.


Retro floral on navy: I liked this one, too, but couldn't decide how to use it until I saw it next to the blue and green print above and it said it wanted to come home and hang out with my red Chucks and granny boots.

 
Springmaid Meadow Street red and white folk art.  I used to have a red and white flapper dress I wore all the time with black stockings and cardigan.


Keepsake Calico coral and turquoise floral on pale green.  I almost went with half-moon coral buttons but then found these weird Vaseline-green ones on clearance and like them better.  This one might have a collar; I haven't decided yet.


Cloud 9 Cirrus coral.  I love the texture of this line of fabrics.  I went back and dug a blue and coral plaid flannel shirt out of the Goodwill bag to go with this, too.


Cloud 9 Cirrus lilac (no, I've never seen a lilac this color).  Will have patch pockets.


Blue and green shot cotton: Bronze buttons down the front bodice.


Round 2:

Blue plaid homespun: Short sleeves with bias bands; bias patch pockets; pearl white plastic buttons down the front bodice.


Gray and yellow flannel: Long sleeves, shirt collar, buttons down the bodice front.


Green plaid homespun: Long sleeves with bias cuffs, shirt collar, off-white buttons down the front.


Navy and pink floral: Undecided.  Probably short sleeves, maybe puffy.


Little House red floral: Semi-copy of a dress I saw online, with buttons up the back.  The original has a square neck with a black neck facing and I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or not.


Round 3: The long dresses.

Blue/olive/natural pinstripe homespun: Not sure if this will be "stock" or with buttons down the front.


Moda Bella solids raisin purple: Will probably have pintucks in the bodice and maybe button down the front.  


Comments