Simplicity 2016 8153 Dottie Angel skirt

Listening: the Macrae Sister, Old Sledge, 2008.  I've found so much good stuff on Spotify!  I wish they'd recorded another CD.

This was a quick-and-dirty experimental project.  I wasn't wildly impressed with Simplicity 1080, the Dottie Angel "frock"--it was fine once I'd made it over into a very different dress.  But I wanted some layering skirts.  Skirts I could wear as skirts by themselves or under dresses with the hems showing.  So I got some fun fabrics and tested this using the most easily and cheaply replaceable, in case it failed: Red flannel (pic later.  Mispickel slipped off my lap last night and tore it, so I have to patch it.)

The pattern is 8153, the tank top/dress and barely-A-line, elastic-waist skirt.

I made the skirt:


For the record: The pattern measurements are wrong. The XL is 51 1/2", not 55 1/2".  There is no 55 1/2" hip measure unless you alter it yourself.  I emailed Simplicity and they pointed out that the measurements printed on the pattern pieces are correct, which is true but pretty useless since you can't know that until you've already bought the pattern based on information that should have been corrected before the pattern was released last year.  Not impressed, Simplicity.



Vs. pattern:


Comments