American Weekly 3764 (1940s)

As usual, I have far too many unfinished projects going on at once, but I could not resist this girl on eBay:


Don't you just love it when a design combines style and simplicity so well?

eQuilter sent me a survey/gift certificate the other day so washed red chambray has already been ordered, I just need to choose my rick-rack and applique scraps.  I feel like I should start with the tulips.  I'll add tulips on the back and will also add side-seam pockets because of course.

I can think of so many other ways to embellish this, though:

1. Owl and the Pussycat.
2. Gingham dog and calico cat
3. Butterflies
4. Classic 1940s bow appliques
5. Carousel horses
6. Cat and mouse or ball of yarn
7. Train
8. Ranch scene with cows
9. Boats
10. Square dance and band.
11. North woods
12. Texas everything
13.
Dinosaurs
16. Dragon
15. Breyer Family Arabian Stallion
16. The Skeleton Dance cartoon
17. John Held flappers
18. Gates-Rawson tower
19. Don Quixote and a windmill ok maybe I should stop now . . .

Comments