Sewing slump

Listening: Wrinkle Neck Mules

I've really been derailed craft-wise these days.  I did, this past weekend, do a token closet clean-out and rearranged my shoes.  It's a drop in the bucket, but it was better than nothing.

I have great shoes.  I got rid of two pairs that were really flimsy, but the rest . . . I planned to get rid of more but it turned out I didn't have that many duplicates.  I assumed I would have a lot of pairs that were similar to other pairs, and I had a few (including two sets that were intentional duplicates of shoes I wear a lot), but not many.  So I didn't get rid of as many as I'd hoped, but I also didn't feel like I needed to any more since I wasn't hoarding 6 pairs of basically the same shoe.  A couple of pairs need repairs and one needs to be dyed.  A lot of them need leather conditioner.

I wore one of my neglected pairs today.


I mean, I got those to go with my 1940s dresses.  Why don't I wear them more?  (I'm wearing the Weekly Star Farmer foal dress.)

I'm not sure how I'm going to get myself back in the saddle.  One idea was to focus on projects that are based on patterns I've already sewn, so the fitting has been done. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those shoes look awesome!