Cozy clothes

Listening: Norman Blake

I'm well south of the polar vortex but today is chilly by local standards and thinking about raining.

I keep wondering how I ended up with so many baggy 1970s dress patterns but I think it's the weather.  I think overcast days make me want to wear soft, pajama-like things, so, even though I own 300+ potentially-flattering 1940s patterns, I end up with stuff like this:


I've nicknamed this one the Charge of the Sweetness and Light Brigade.

I have enough deadstock 1980s purple sprigged calico to sew this thing, too, and since it's not going to require much fitting, I could do it quickly, before anyone could stop me.  I also have appropriate buttons.  I hesitated because I wanted pink eyelet trim, but when I got home I realized I had a spool of eyelet and half a pack of petal pink RIT, so now nothing, nothing, is standing in my way.


It needs a little tweaking.  The collar isn't contoured, which won't be flattering, so I need to change that, and I like the 3/4 length sleeves but those are just huge.  They have elastic but I think I'll add bands with eyelet trim, and take them in a little bit.


Comments