RIP DuBarry 5612 Valentine Dress

Always prewash, y'all.  Always prewash.

I made DuBarry 5612 four years ago for Valentine's Day.


I swear I prewashed that fabric.  I swear it.  I never put fabric away unwashed.

I only wore this maybe three times because, while it was fun for holidays, it wasn't really my kind of print.  I wore it this year but spilled some juice on it at the department breakfast.  And it smelled a bit stale.  So I washed it.

Y'all . . . either I didn't prewash or it was the cheapest, bleeding-est, fabric in history.  It was a print!  It should not have bled like this!  I own a black/purple towel that bled less than this when I washed it the first time!

It stained the eyelet trim deep pink and tie-dyed half my unmentionables.  I don't care about the unmentionables but the dress was ruined.

So . . . onward and upward.  That was sad, but now I have a good reason to remake it in a fabric I like better. I picked this Moda French General soft red/natural floral print up this weekend from GRS Fabrics.


Comments