Biscuit bread

Listening: Son Volt

I still don't have my sewing table back.

Sorry, I am not a food stylist:


This was an experiment/pantry clean-out, but it worked!  I'd like to try it again without the egg.  I assume this will make it more crumbly but that could be OK, especially if I made it as muffins instead of a loaf.  The flavor was good.

3 cups flour (I used cake flour because there was some getting old in the back of the cabinet)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup milk, warmed
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325.   Butter and flour a loaf pan (or muffin tins?).

Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another.  Dump wet into dry and mix until just combined; do not overwork.  Pour into the loaf pan and bake 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (I needed a little longer, but my oven is old).

Comments