DuBarry 5612 do-over

DuBarry 5612 (1943) met a bloody, dye-leaking end this past spring.  I finally started the replacement dress this weekend.


Shocker: Sewing projects are faster when you're using a pattern for which you've already done all the alteration and fitting.

Anyway . . . the fabric is Moda French General in faded red with off-white/natural flowers, and crocheted lace trim tea-dyed to match.


I got most of it done.  I have to finish the seams, hem it, and do the buttons and shoulder pads (it's less finished in the picture below than it was when I stopped working last night).


Plus, since this is not a novelty print, I'll actually wear the dress.

I'm making a list of patterns I've already fitted so I can knock out some faster sewing projects and also have new things to wear to work.

Comments