Nine-Patch Stashbuster Quilt

On a whim, I pulled out some fabrics I had that were either left over from other projects (I seem to have massively overbought that bright green) or that I couldn't figure out how to use (I love the zig-zags but . . . what?):






This is . . . not my kind of thing, but I don't think they're terrible.  I hate that Moda Mind Your P's and Q's yellow print to the far right but I'm not going to keep this quilt so it doesn't matter, right?  Going with a tilted nine-patch because they're easy:





I don't have enough of either yellow to cut all 80 triangle so the Moda goes in the middle and the yellow with flowers will go around the edge.  The border is the marbled red; I don't have a whole lot of the Arabesque print left.

I haven't decided yet how I'll do the yellow bolts of lightning in between blocks but the blocks themselves will probably be quilted like so, which I really like and will probably use later for myself:


Comments