Ridiculous Project: Sunshine Family Doll Dress, Part II

Steph Sunshine's later one-piece dresses were the same design as her mother-in-law's brown calico dress, but with short sleeves.  My Steph dress is in the mail but the MIL dress arrived today.

It's a basic one-piece A-line dress with elastic zig-zag stitched into the waistline:


I'm debating [human] dress patterns on these two.  McCalls 2871 is the closest--one piece (the square "yoke" on the floral striped dress is applied trim, A-line, no waist seam:


But Butterick 6194 has been on my wish list for a long time.  If I can't get an official copy I could probably draft a fake.  It has a fitted bodice and gathered A-line skirt so it's quite different, but it's more flattering as a dress.


If anyone has a copy of this for sale, I'm interested.  Ideally it would be either a 12 or a 14 but I'll take what I can get.

Another option would be to use 2871 for the grandmother's dress and 6194/fake 6194 for Steph's.

Both of these are from 1971, so they're a bit early but generally contemporary, which is fun.

Comments