31 Day Music Challenge

Borrowed from Facebook:

Day 1 - A song that’s stuck in your head right now: Cowboy Junkies, "Powderfinger", The Caution Horses, 1990.
Day 2 - A song that always makes you happy: Scott Joplin, "Elite Syncopations", 1902. I like the 1972 Joshua Rifkin version.
Day 3 - A song that makes you want to cry: Henry Washburn (words) and George F. Root (music) "The Vacant Chair", 1861/1862, this version is by Kathy Mattea.
Day 4 - A song you listen to when you’re pissed: Scott Biram "Single Girl". Because sometimes life isn't fair.
Day 5 - A song that would not be appropriate at church: Justin Townes Earle, "Move Over, Mama", Harlem River Blues, 2010.
Day 6 - Your favorite Disney song: "Pink Elephants on Parade" from Dumbo, 1941, because I think it might be the most child-inappropriate segment in a kids' movie, ever.
Day 7- A song you wish was never made and want to DESTROY!!: Seal, "Kiss From A Rose".
Day 8 - A song that isn’t well known, but should be known by the world: Red Clay Ramblers "The Parting Hand". This is a stretch, but I really want to squeeze it in because these guys were the evil geniuses of Seventies old-time.
Day 9 - A song your parents play that always gets on your nerves: Holly Near, "We Are Gentle, Angry, People". Singing for your lives? Really?
Day 10 - A song with an amazing music video: Steve Earle, "Guitar Town". OK, not so amazing, but I like this song. Most of the stuff I like doesn't have videos.
Day 11 - The song that relates the most to your life right now: Joni Mitchell "Woodstock".
Day 12 - A song you would like to learn how to play on instruments: "Cherokee Shuffle" (this supercharged version is by the Hot Club of Cowtown). I can play this on Appalachian dulcimer but need t0 learn it on fiddle and guitar.
Day 13 - Your favorite TV theme song: "WKRP". Some people have acid flashbacks; I have WKRP flashbacks.
Day 14 - The song with the worst lyrics: Warren Zevon (sung by Linda Ronstadt), "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me". Waring blender? Whaaaaat?
Day 15 - The song with the best lyrics: Traditional, "Jesse James".
Day 16 - A song you would like to dedicate to someone you HATE: Traditional, "Old Joe Clark". Which I also hate.
Day 17 - A song that never gets old: "Elzic's Farewell". One of the world's great fiddle tunes.
Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh: "Twenty Naked Pentecostals". For obvious reasons.
Day 19 - The most beautiful song: "Amelia", written by Bob McQuillen. Played here by . . . not Bob McQuillen.
Day 20 - A song with TERRIBLE singing fiddling: Charlie Daniels Band, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". Yes, I know that hating this is blasphemy, but so is this kind of sloppy, off-key, fiddling.
Day 21 - The best love song: Randy Travis, "Forever and Ever, Amen". I'm hard-core love-song challenged. I know I could come up with something better than this, but I'm choosing it because literally the only two things I've decided about my non-existent wedding are 1) that I'm making my own dress, and 2) that this will be the first dance. It's a two-step, not a waltz, but whatever. I'm from Texas. That probably means I'll be wearing boots, too.
Day 22 - DOUBLE DAY! Pick TWO songs that showcase your variety in music. Pick one song that shows the lightest music you like, and the heaviest. Pull out your inner Taylor Swift and Suicide Silence. OK, I don't go as light as Taylor Swift, and I don't have a clue who Suicide Silence is, but here goes:
--Lightest: Western swing: Hot Club of Cowtown, "Ida Red", Bob Wills-style.
--Heaviest: Alt country: Scud Mountain Boys, "Sil0"/"Freight of Fire"
Day 23 - A song that you would want a guy to play for you: Again, I'm romance-challenged so I'm going with "Salty River Reel", because it would mean he was a heck of a fiddler.
Day 24 - A song in another language: Red Stick Ramblers, "Les Oiseaux vont Chanter (Autour de ma Fosse)"
Day 25 - A song that brings back memories
Day 26 - The cheesiest song EVER.
Day 27 - A song by the artist you think is the most talented
Day 28 - Your guilty pleasure song
Day 29 - A song that makes you horny O.o
Day 30 - A song by an artist u think is HOT!!
Day 31 - Last day! FREE CHOICE. Pick a favorite song! :D

Comments