Catching up: [No longer] new fabrics

I'd forgotten about these!

Retro guitar fabric: I have this written down as an Aunt Grace but I can't prove that.  Anyway, it's adorable, no?


I think it will be awesome for Grit 3679, the 1940's blouse pattern I posted the other day.  I'm thinking black trim and maybe brown piping if I'm feeling insane.  The guitars and the sleeve trim give it a bit of a cowgirl feel even though it's not actually Western-styled. 


I sort of feel like it needs a monogram or maybe some music notes on the left pocket or sleeve band.  Hmm.


Marcus Brothers "Betsy Ross" by Judie Rothermel, flags (in blue): I believe this is supposed to be Civil War-inspired but I plan to use it for a World War II-era pattern. 

 
The idea comes from the British World War II propaganda dress posted on the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising [FIDM] Museum blog a little while ago.  This is a fabulous blog if you're interested in historic fashion.

I'm using Advance 2809 (1941), the Bureau of Home Economics dress.  It will have dark blue rick-rack trim.



Comments