Simplicity 1971 9778 Part II

The buttons are supposed to be here in the mail today or tomorrow, and then it will be finished.  I still haven't found a suitable belt, though.

The yoke and short sleeves:


Epic pattern match made in the flounce, entirely by accident.  If I had tried to do this on purpose it would never have come out this well:


Done except for the buttons and buttonholes.  Floor-length.  (I did try it on.  It looks insanely long here.)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Simplicity posted some new patterns the other day.  There is a 1950's dress for a little girl and a really nice set for 18-inch dolls from Keepers Dolly Duds.

Of course, the one I like is 1080.  I'm definitely in a slubby clothes mood these days.


And mixing calicos.  OMG.  So many possibilities.

The line drawing.  I think if you had to do a FBA on this you'd have to cut the top off, alter, and reattach it.  But it's cute.


Appears to be a daughter of McCall's 4570 (1975):



and:


Comments